COVID-19 updates for the AnglicareSA community | Read more

At AnglicareSA, we walk alongside young people towards a thriving and safe future.

We know how big a step living independently can be at any age, let alone when you’re 16. From managing rent and securing a job to cooking, cleaning and budgeting, we understand how much there is to learn as you journey into adult life.

This is where Launch 180 comes in. Our program supports you to live in your own home and build the confidence, knowledge and skills you need as you transition out of the care system.

How we can help

Initially, we will provide you with a high level of support and then gradually reduce this as you become more independent. We are with you every step of the way, helping you to build and refine skills in areas including:

  • housing
  • cooking
  • cleaning
  • budgeting and shopping
  • goal setting
  • education
  • accessing health services
  • finding employment, training and volunteer opportunities
  • personal health and wellbeing

On top of this, you’ll be able to tap into a network of support and connection points relating to education and employment. We’ll also refer you to specialist support services as required to assist you to enhance your entire wellbeing. We tailor our support to your specific needs and background.

With your best interests at heart, we keep our support flexible and responsive to meet the diverse needs of each young person. We are guided by your dreams, needs, goals and aspirations. These may include:

  • establishing connection with family, community and culture
  • assisting you in moving into your first home
  • having ongoing support beyond your 18th birthday

With houses located across Adelaide and 24/7 support from a dedicated group of youth workers, we’re here for you at all times of the day and night.

Who can access the service

Department for Child Protection refers young people aged 16 to 18 who have a current long term Guardianship Order.

How to access the service

Young people and foster carers should access the service by speaking with their Department for Child Protection Case Manager who can make a referral on their behalf.