The Reconnect program uses community-based early intervention services to assist young people aged 12 to 18 years who are homeless, or at risk of homelessness.
Reconnect assists homeless youth to stabilise their living situation and improve their level of engagement with family, work, education, training and their local community.
We help to break the cycle of homelessness by providing counselling, group work, mediation and practical support to the whole family.
Plus, Reconnect also provides ‘buy in’ services to target the individual needs of our clients, such as specialised mental health services.
What our staff can provide
- Group information sessions in schools
- Group information session for parents
- Group information sessions for other agencies
- Support to young people who attend family conferencing
- Support to young people experiencing family relationship breakdown
- Support to young people displaying risk taking behaviours
- School Holiday Activities
- Outreach support
- Advocacy support
- Crisis intervention
The seven good practice principles
AnglicareSA Reconnect Service follows the seven good practice principles:
- accessibility of services
- client driven service delivery
- holistic approaches to service delivery
- working collaboratively
- culturally and contextually appropriate service delivery
- ongoing review and evaluation; and
- Building sustainability
Who can access the service
Young people aged 12 to 18-years-old in the Playford Council area who are homeless or at risk of homelessness.
Steps on how to access the service
Referrals can be made by young people, parents or agencies by contacting AnglicareSA Reconnect Referral line on 82095450