At AnglicareSA, we walk alongside young people leaving care to help them pave stronger future pathways.
Having a safe and secure home with the right support is vital for any young person leaving care to stabilise their life. From managing rent and household budgeting to kickstarting your career path, we understand how much there is to learn as you journey into adult life.
Our Post Care Pathways program provides support and accommodation for young care leavers aged 18 to 25 who are experiencing homelessness or housing instability or are at risk of homelessness.
Our Post Care Pathway program incorporates accommodation, employment assistance, alternate education and training, mentoring, wellbeing and participation. The program is focussed on empowering young people to thrive by developing their personal resources to make and sustain positive connections in their lives.
How we can help
As a young tenant, we’re here to support you with household budgeting, gaining a driver’s licence, building citizenship opportunities such as enrolling to vote, and engaging in wellbeing programs and local community initiatives. We can support you to navigate relationships and, where appropriate, safely reconnect you with family.
Our goal is to prevent homelessness and help you to build valuable life skills by:
- providing safe, secure accommodation for young people
- promoting education, training and employment opportunities
- helping young people build their independent living skills, personal development, community involvement and social activities
- supporting young people to transition into safe, secure and sustainable long-term housing.
The program provides an anchor for young people so they can focus on their education and employment as a pathway to independent living. We support young people to transition into shared or private rentals when they leave the program and have a home ownership program we can connect young people with.
With 24/7 support from a dedicated group of youth workers, we’re here for you at all times of the day and night.
How can I get support?
Young people are eligible for the program if they are:
- 18 to 25 years old
- a young person who has had a care experience
- experiencing or at risk of homelessness
- receiving an income through employment or Centrelink
- involved in and motivated to maintain study, training or employment
- willing to pay 25% of their income towards rent
AnglicareSA accepts self-referrals from young people, as well as referrals to the program from any agency.
If you would like to refer yourself to the program, or know a young person you would like to refer, please fill the form below.