All children and young people living in out-of-home care have rights — the right to feel safe, to be heard, and to tell someone if they’re unhappy.
AnglicareSA is determined to support children and young people in our care to understand their rights so they can reach their full potential.
As a child or young person, you have the right to:
- feel good about yourself and be treated like any other child who does not live in care
- feel safe, respected and cared for, wherever you live
- get help when you want or need it
- have a say in decisions that affect you
- make a complaint if you feel your rights are not being respected.
Visit the Office of the Guardian for Children and Young Peoples’ website to learn more about your rights and what supports are available.
Our commitment of support to foster and kinship carers
AnglicareSA is proud to support the Statement of Commitment developed between Connecting Foster & Kinship Carers SA Inc, Child and Family Focus SA and the Department for Child Protection.