AnglicareSA was notified by SA Health yesterday (December 14) that a visitor to its Grange aged care home on the evening of Friday 10 December has been diagnosed with COVID.
The two houses affected within the Grange aged care site were immediately closed to visitors. Residents of the two houses are isolating in their rooms and AnglicareSA’s COVID-19 outbreak management plan has been implemented.
AnglicareSA has notified all affected employees, residents and families of the Grange aged care home.
With immediate effect, we took the following actions:
- closure of the affected houses to all visitors
- a full clean of the affected houses 7 & 8 and an additional clean implemented across the rest of the site
- arranged testing for affected residents and advised affected staff to be tested
- isolation for all residents living in the two affected houses
- all staff working in the two affected houses at the Grange site wearing full PPE.
At this stage, no residents or staff are symptomatic. Both residents who were close contacts of the confirmed case have already been tested for COVID-19 and the results came back negative.
AnglicareSA continues to work closely with SA Health and we are taking no chances in safeguarding the wellbeing of our residents and staff.