2022 Child Friendly Business Awards – Terms and Conditions
The Child Friendly Business Awards are a Communities for Children Onkaparinga initiative and seeks to acknowledge and recognise businesses within the City of Onkaparinga who support children and families by creating innovative environments and practices that welcome and respect everyone.
Communities for Children Onkaparinga is a service delivered by AnglicareSA that is funded by the Australian Government Department of Social Services. Communities for Children Onkaparinga aims to enhance early childhood development and wellbeing for children aged from birth to 12 years (but may include children up to 18 years of age).
- The Business Nomination Process
Businesses must meet the eligibility criteria for a Child Friendly Business Award.
- Nominations must be done via the Survey Monkey Child Friendly Business Awards nomination form available at surveymonkey.com/r/CFAwardsNominations, and promoted in the Communities for Children Onkaparinga newsletter, on Facebook and by email to Communities for Children Onkaparinga email subscribers.
- Nominations are open from 9am, 1 June 2021 to 5pm, 31 January 2022.
- Any individual can nominate a business to go in the running for an AnglicareSA Child Friendly Business Award, including the business owner and employees.
- AnglicareSA staff and their families can nominate a business with exception of the Communities for Children Onkaparinga Child Friendly Business Awards Project Officer.
- Multiple businesses can be nominated by any individual.
- Eligibility Criteria
- To be eligible for a Child Friendly Business Award the following criteria must be met:
- The business cannot be a 2021 Child Friendly Business Award recipient;
- The business must be a commercial venture that is NOT a club, non-profit organisation, government-operated or government-funded service. Individuals cannot be nominated;
- The business must be situated within the City of Onkaparinga;
- The business must be an existing business that has been in operation at the nominated business location for at least the previous 12 calendar months; and
- The business must show evidence of providing a child/family-friendly work environment or of creating child or family friendly environments to encourage families to visit or do business with them or of supporting or working with community groups or services for children and families.
- To receive the award and be acknowledged as a 2022 Child Friendly Business Award recipient at least one representative of the business will be required to attend the awards ceremony held on 1 June 2022, at an evening function.
- At the discretion of AnglicareSA, any nominated business may be visited by a Communities for Children worker to obtain evidence they are a child friendly business as per no.2.1.5 above. The Communities for Children Child Friendly Business Awards Criteria may be used as a comparison tool to support evidence.
- The Community Voting Process
- Nominated businesses that meet the eligibility criteria are put forward for community vote.
- Voting must be done via the Survey Monkey Child Friendly Business Awards Voting form, available at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/CFAwardsVote, and promoted in the Communities for Children Onkaparinga newsletter, on Facebook and by email to Communities for Children Onkaparinga email subscribers.
- There are no restrictions on who can vote for a business for the Child Friendly Business Awards. AnglicareSA staff and their families can vote for a business with exception of the AnglicareSA Child Friendly Business Awards Project Officer.
- There are no restrictions on how many businesses each person votes for. Multiple votes for an individual business by any one individual person will not be counted. Votes must be received by the closing date to be valid.
- Voting is open from 9am, Thurs 3 March to 9am, Tues 5 April 2022.
- Each nominated business will be provided with an electronic flyer with a QR code that they can use to promote their business to the community. A hard copy flyer can be provided on request. Communities for Children Onkaparinga will also promote voting in the Child Friendly Business Awards within the City of Onkaparinga by various means, which may include social media, email correspondence and flyers.
- Award Winners
- Businesses with the highest number of community votes who are eligible will receive an AnglicareSA Child Friendly Business Award. Up to 20 businesses in any given year will receive an award.
- Businesses with no (zero) votes will be ineligible to win an Award.
- Each of the Child Friendly Business Award winners will receive:
- Free attendance for two (2) representatives of each winning business at the child friendly awards function held within the City of Onkaparinga area where the awards will be presented. Award winners will be notified and provided with further details of the function;
- Promotion through Communities for Children Onkaparinga as a child friendly business. How the business is promoted is solely at the discretion of Communities for Children Onkaparinga;
- An award from Communities for Children Onkaparinga recognising excellence in creating child friendly work or business environments;
- Communities for Children Onkaparinga Child Friendly Charter membership. Membership involves continuing to uphold and advocate for child friendly business practices. Members receive a Child Friendly Charter Membership poster and sticker for display at their place of business.
2022 Child Friendly Business Awards – Voting Competition
$50 Coles Myer Gift Card Competition – Terms and Conditions
1. When completing the Survey, you will be automatically entered into a competition to win one of three $50 Coles Myer Gift Cards (Competition). Entry to the Competition is by completing the Survey, voting for at least one (1) business, and providing your contact phone number or email on page 2 of the Survey.
2. The promoter of the Competition is Anglicare SA Ltd, 159 Port Road, Hindmarsh SA 5007 (Promoter).
3. Entry to the Competition is open to residents of South Australia. AnglicareSA employees, as well their immediate family members, are ineligible to enter the Competition. A limit of one entry per person applies to the Competition.
4. The Competition runs from 3 March 2022 at 9:00am (ACDT) to 5 April 2022 at 9:00am (ACDT).
5. Three prize winners will be drawn at random at 11:00am (ACDT) on Thursday, 7 April 2022 at AnglicareSA, 111 Beach Rd, Christies Beach SA 5165. The winners draw is final and no further correspondence will be entered into between the Promoter and entrants in relation to the Competition. Each winner will be notified via text, phone call or email using the contact details provided, on Thursday, 7 April 2022.
6. Each of the three prize winners will receive one $50 Coles Myer Gift Card. The prize is to be collected from AnglicareSA, 111 Beach Rd, Christies Beach SA 5165. If the prize is unable to be collected alternative arrangements may be made in agreement with AnglicareSA.
7. Each prize winner will have 30 days to claim their prize.
8. The Promoter reserves the right to redraw in the event of any entrant not claiming any prize. If any prize remains unclaimed or forfeited (through ineligibility or otherwise), the Promoter will conduct another draw.
9. The prizes are not transferrable and are not redeemable for cash.
10. The Promoter reserves the right to request verification of identity, postal address of winners and any other information relevant to entry into or participation in the Competition. Verification is at the discretion of the Promoter, whose decision is final. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any individual who is involved in any way in interfering or tampering with the conduct of the Competition.
11. If a winner is under 18 years of age, the prize will be awarded to the winner’s parent or guardian.