What the service offers
The Families in Focus team provides a range of services for couples, families and individuals with the aim of strengthening families and ensuring the wellbeing of children. The key services are outlined below.
Our Counsellors are trained professionals who can assist with a wide variety of issues. Counselling can be provided to individuals, children, couples or whole families if necessary.
Some of the issues our counsellors can help with include:
- family and relationship enrichment
- pre-relationship counselling/education
- couples with communication and conflict issues
- children and youth facing family disruption
- overcome trauma, including the impact of family violence and abuse
- post separation and divorce issues
- parenting support and education
Workshops and Groups…
- Gourmet Relationships – An exciting dinner workshop for couples with young children that focusses on the ingredients that make up a great relationship.
- Be Kind & Unwind – This one day workshop provides tools such as mindfulness, time management, handling emotional overload, self-talk and relaxation to move through life’s challenges in a healthy way.
- Managing Children’s Behaviour – A short 3 hour workshop that explores various simple methods of discipline for young children aged 2 to 10 years.
- The Dad Factor – A seven week course for dads and male carers. Topics include communication, self-confidence, managing children’s behaviour, and handling stress.
- Women are Strong – A support group for women in Adelaide’s Southern Suburbs who have/are experiencing domestic or family violence.
AnglicareSA’s counselling service is funded by the Australian Government department of Social Services.
Who can access the service
- Families, Couples, Parents, Children and Individuals.
Steps on how to access the service
Make an appointment by calling us on: 8301 4200 (Hindmarsh) or 8186 8900 (Christies Beach)
If you cannot attend a counselling session, telephone counselling is available to people anywhere in South Australia, including rural and remote regions. It is not a crisis line.
How much does it cost?
Counselling service offered does not depend on your ability to pay. Some services are provided free of charge, depending on government funding. Costs will be explained when you call to arrange an appointment.
Families, parents and individuals can contact AnglicareSA directly. External agencies or the Family Court may refer people to the program.
Families in Focus Hindmarsh
184 Port Road
(08) 8301 4200
Families in Focus Christies Beach
111 Beach Road
(08) 8186 8900