A partnership between AnglicareSA and St Marys Parish — the Picket Fence community centre is a welcoming site offering a range of support services.
How can we help?
- Emergency Assistance: The service offers food assistance, and support with other general living expenses including the cost of public transport, school uniforms, chemist prescriptions, and clothing/shoes. Support, advocacy and referral is also available to contact or refer to a range of other community services.Emergency Assistance is available on Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays (9.30am – 12.00pm).
- Urban Farm and Market: The market offers food including organically grown fresh fruit and vegetables, (bread and milk when available), as well as raised garden beds, bags of compost, bottles of worm fertilizer, decorative plants and seedlings at discounted prices.The Market is open Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays (9.30am – 1.30pm).
- Community Financial Services: Budget support workers are able to assist community members with basic income and expenditure budgeting, completing applications for utility and other cost of living concessions.
- Affordable meals: Hot lunches and sandwiches are available for $2 each Monday, Thursday and Friday, with a two course $5 evening meal every second Monday. Complimentary tea, coffee, water and fruit are always available.Please call 8374 2522 for more details regarding meals.
- Community Activities: Activities include the Picket Fence art group (Thursday mornings) and sewing group (Monday mornings). An 8-ball table is also available.
- Thread Together: The service is available to anyone experiencing vulnerability and in need of assistance with clothing. All you need is a referral card – please ask the site reception for more information.The Thread Together van visits fortnightly on Wednesdays (10.00am – 12.00pm).
- St Marys Parish Op Shop: This is a hub for pre-loved clothing, shoes, accessories, books, bric-a-brac and other household items at discounted prices.The Op Shop is open Mondays (11.00am – 2.30pm), and Thursdays and Fridays (10.00am – 2.30pm).
About St Marys Picket Fence
As a partnership between AnglicareSA and St Marys Parish, the Picket Fence community centre is a welcoming site offering a range of services to support local community members.
The Parish of St Marys was established in 1841. In 1991, the Parish’s outreach activities were consolidated into the ‘Picket Fence Community Centre’ – a project centre and community garden soon followed, creating a warm and vibrant community around the Parish.
In 2008, AnglicareSA partnered with the Parish and today a suite of services is provided for the local community.
AnglicareSA is supported by more than 600 volunteers who generously donate their time, energy and expertise to help us deliver our programs.
As a volunteer you are helping South Australians from all walks of life. It gives you the opportunity to gain both new skills and work experience, while giving back to the community.
AnglicareSA welcomes anyone who is willing to share skills, expertise, passion and time to express your interest in volunteering. Our goal is always to match your interest and skills to the most appropriate volunteer role available.
Have you ever thought about volunteering? Find out more here.
We couldn’t do the work we do without our generous donors, especially our regular donors and partners who ensure the long-term future of AnglicareSA.
You can donate now to provide a brighter future for South Australians in need.
- The Picket Fence Community Centre is open Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays from 9.30am – 3.00pm.
- Visit 1167 South Rd, St Marys
- Or call the site directly on (08) 8374 2522.