A welcoming community site which offers a range of anti-poverty services to people living in the northern suburbs of Adelaide.
How can we help?
- Emergency Assistance: We respond to practical needs and provide relief through the provision of food, clothing, pharmacy vouchers (for needed medication), shoe vouchers for children, blankets and other linen. We also provide support, advocacy and referral to other specialist services.Emergency assistance is available Monday to Friday (9.30am – 12noon). Please call 1800 061 551 between 9am and 9.30am to book your appointment.
- Community Information via Reception: We respond to, guide and refer issues presented by the community. This is supported by a free telephone service, a digital charging station and community information.
- Northern Community FoodHub: The AnglicareSA and FoodBank SA partnership enables clients to access a small supermarket with subsidised prices on fresh food and grocery items.The FoodHub is open Monday to Friday (9.30am – 2.30pm).
- Food Barn: The Food Barn is open to all – as a walk-in service, everyone who turns up receives a meal.Breakfast is available Monday, Wednesday and Friday (9am – 10am).
Lunch is available Monday to Friday (11.30am to 12.30pm).
- Community Financial Services: We offer a range of financial counselling and literacy services, including support and advocacy with both creditors and Centrelink to assist clients resolve financial crises and develop financial management skills.
Related services include:
- No Interest Loan Scheme (NILS): a loan to purchase a needed household good like a fridge or washing machine, paying no interest over the 9-12 month loan period
- Financial Counselling: specialist advice on managing creditors, debts, while building an individual’s confidence in managing their moneyFinancial counselling appointments are held Monday to Friday (throughout the day). To book a financial counselling appointment please call 1800 759 707 and we will match you with the best financial service to meet your needs and book your appointment.
- Money Support Hub: a range of financial literacy and budget support services within a community-based engagement framework – the service links people as needed to a range of professional services
- Mental Health & Disability Support Programs: As an NDIS provider we assist people access and receive disability, mental health and autism support. Our support staff can meet with people at the Elizabeth Mission for outreach support or assistance to access NDIS funding and services.To connect to this service, please call 1800 953 001.
- Northern Homelessness Gateway: We assist individuals and families who are homeless or at immediate risk of becoming homeless by providing:
- assistance to obtain independent accommodation;
- support to maintain accommodation by addressing issues that may be jeopardizing a tenancy;
- case management support to individuals and families experiencing homelessness;
- and private rental group sessions, three mornings a week.
- Settlement Engagement and Transition Support (SETS): We run a specialist settlement service working with humanitarian entrants and migrants between ages 18-30 living in Adelaide’s north. The service helps newly arrived young adults achieve sustainable settlement with a focus on learning English, engaging in education/training and employment.
- Community Garden: In partnering with local registered training organisations, we make our community garden available for community members to develop needed horticulture skills for future employment options.
- Clean Needle Program: The Elizabeth Mission hosts Hepatitis SA by providing free clean needles and materials. Hep SA also hold Fibroscan Clinics on site assisting people with their liver health.The Program is available from Monday to Friday (10am – 4pm).
- Share the Dignity: A vending machine is in place to support women access free sanitary products.
- Thread Together: The service is available to anyone experiencing vulnerability and in need of assistance with clothing. All you need is a referral card – please ask the site reception for more information.Thread Together visits Monday and Thursdays (10am – 1pm).
About The Mission
Located in Adelaide’s north, the Elizabeth Mission is a welcoming community site offering a range of services to support people get through a crisis and access the right assistance at the right time. The Elizabeth Mission provides opportunities for the community to connect with each other and quality service provision. Together community, volunteers, staff and partners offer hospitality and connection to services and opportunities which improve lives.
The Elizabeth Mission was founded by the Anglican Church in Elizabeth and is operated by AnglicareSA as a community site responding to community need in the area. While the profile of services has changed over the years, the founding value of providing a safe place and responding to the needs of individuals and families continues.
Community members accessing the AnglicareSA Elizabeth Mission site are doing the best they can but sometimes need a hand to find housing, access food support, deal with mounting debts, and find what other help is available. Many people of different cultures and different stories access the site, with AnglicareSA ensuring it is a respectful place for all.
AnglicareSA is supported by more than 600 volunteers who generously donate their time, energy and expertise to help us deliver our programs.
There are more than 80 volunteers at the Elizabeth Mission site fulfilling a range of volunteer roles in areas such as: driving, cooking, food preparation, emergency assistance, hospitality, administration, budget counselling and gardening.
AnglicareSA welcomes anyone who is willing to share skills, expertise, passion and time to express your interest in volunteering. Our goal is always to match your interest and skills to the most appropriate volunteer role available.
As a volunteer you are helping South Australians from all walks of life. It gives you the opportunity to gain both new skills and work experience, while giving back to the local community.
Have you ever thought about volunteering? Find out more here.
We couldn’t do the work we do without our generous donors, especially our regular donors and partners who ensure the long-term future of AnglicareSA.
You can donate now to provide a brighter future for South Australians in need.
- Visit 91 Elizabeth Way, Elizabeth
- Or ring the centre directly on (08) 8209 5400