A welcoming place offering a range of anti-poverty services to support people living in the southern suburbs of Adelaide.
How can we help?
- Emergency Assistance: We respond to practical needs and provide relief through the provision of food, clothing, pharmacy vouchers (for needed medication), shoe vouchers for children, blankets and other linen. We also provide support, advocacy and referral to other specialist services.Emergency assistance is available Monday to Friday (9.30am – 12noon). Please call 1800 748 149 between 9am and 9.30am to book your appointment.
- Community Information: We respond to, guide and refer issues presented by the community. This is supported by a free telephone service and a digital charging station.
- Community Financial Services: We offer a range of financial counselling and literacy services, including support and advocacy with both creditors and Centrelink to assist clients resolve financial crises and develop financial management skills.
Related services include:
- No Interest Loan Scheme (NILS): a loan to purchase a needed household good like a fridge or washing machine, paying no interest over the 9-12 month loan period
- Financial Counselling: specialist advice on managing creditors, debts, while building an individual’s confidence in managing their money
- Money Support Hub: a range of financial literacy and budget support services within a community-based engagement framework – the service links people as needed to a range of professional services
- Thread Together: The service is available to anyone experiencing vulnerability and in need of assistance with clothing. All you need is a referral card – please ask the site reception for more information.Thread Together visits Wednesdays (11am – 12:30pm).
- Community Centre Activities: We host a range of complementary agencies and service activities, including domestic violence support activities, anxiety support programs, legal services, Centrelink sessions, and health service activities.
About the Outer Southern Hub
Located in Adelaide’s south, the Outer Southern Hub is a welcoming place offering a range of anti-poverty services to support people restore their dignity and regain control of their lives.
The Outer Southern Hub at Christies Beach is operated by AnglicareSA as a community site responding to community need in the area.
Community members accessing the Outer Southern Hub can be going through a difficult time and simply require a hand to find housing, access food support, deal with mounting debts, and find what other help is available. People from across all diversities access the site, with AnglicareSA ensuring it is a welcoming place for all.
AnglicareSA is supported by more than 300 volunteers who generously donate their time, energy and expertise to help us deliver our programs.
As a volunteer you are helping South Australians from all walks of life. It gives you the opportunity to gain both new skills and work experience, while giving back to the community.
AnglicareSA welcomes anyone who is willing to share skills, expertise, passion and time to express your interest in volunteering. Our goal is always to match your interest and skills to the most appropriate volunteer role available.
Have you ever thought about volunteering? Find out more here.
We couldn’t do the work we do without our generous donors, especially our regular donors and partners who ensure the long-term future of AnglicareSA.
You can donate now to provide a brighter future for South Australians in need.
- Appointments for emergency assistance are essential.
- Please call 1800 748 149 between 9am and 9.30am for a same day appointment.