What is My Aged Care?
My Aged Care is a portal set up by the Australian Government. It’s the starting point on your aged care journey. By registering with My Aged Care, you can find and access the government-funded services you need.
What will My Aged Care ask me for?
- your name
- your address and phone number
- your date of birth
- your Medicare number and reference number
- how you’re managing at home and what help you are after
Have pen and paper ready and something to lean on as you will need to write some things down during your conversation.
My Aged Care may also expect you to:
- be prepared to write down referral codes and aged care identification numbers;
- think about other people you would like to nominate to speak on your behalf;
- ask other people to be present at any assessment you have;
- potentially contribute to the cost of the services you receive.
AnglicareSA’s customer service team can assist with contacting My Aged Care and attend any in-home assessments with you.
Are you ready to start your aged care journey?
Once you have gathered all these necessary details, you can go ahead and contact My Aged Care:
For more information, you can also speak to AnglicareSA’s customer service team on 1800 317 009.