Volunteering at AnglicareSA
Thanks for your interest in volunteering with us.
It’s a fact! Without our amazing team of volunteers, we could not provide such a huge range of services and support to thousands of South Australians. Each year at AnglicareSA, approximately 600 volunteers and 1,800 staff support more than 62,000 people in need. Together we change lives!
Here at AnglicareSA, we see volunteering as: time willingly given for the common good and without financial gain.
Unfortunately due to the current COVID-19 Pandemic, we have had to postpone a number of our programs and services and therefore have limited volunteer opportunities currently available.
Our Aged Care Lifestyle team across our residential sites continue to welcome volunteers to support with social engagement and wellbeing activities with our residents. We have locations at Brompton, Elizabeth East, Elizabeth Dutton Court, Westbourne Park, Grange and Trott Park. If you would like to apply to assist us at one of these locations please fill in the online application from below.
Lots of opportunities
Keen to know more? Based on your skills, experience and time available, successful volunteer applicants will be placed in fulfilling roles that have a real impact on the community.
Volunteer roles include:
- Aged care social support
- Budget and financial counselling
- Child care and youth work
- Emergency assistance
- Family and individual support
- Food preparation
- Op shop and food store assistance
… just to name a few.
View our current vacancies
Our Volunteers doing what they love
How do I become a volunteer?
- First, you’ll need to fill out an online application form.
- If your application is successful, we will contact you to discuss opportunities in your area that align with your interests.
- Then you’ll meet with the volunteer coordinator to check the role is right for you!
- You’ll also have to fill in our registration and mandatory national clearance forms (all costs covered by AnglicareSA)
- AND YOU’RE READY TO START! We’ll provide you with an online learning account and an induction will be conducted by your volunteer coordinator.
We look forward to chatting with you about how we can work together to change lives.
Still interested? Awesome. Keep reading to find the answers to some common questions.
Who can volunteer?
We are looking for people who have a genuine desire to support those in need. Are you caring? Keen to help? Got some spare time? Do you want to make a real difference in the lives of those who need it most? Then get in touch with us.
If you have skills and expertise to share, and passion and time to spare, then we encourage you to apply. There are a huge range of roles on offer.
The amount of time you spend volunteering is up to you. We will work to find a role to suit your availability.
We offer ongoing roles within our programs as well as one-off opportunities. AnglicareSA supports people in need across aged care, disability support, housing and homelessness, emergency assistance, child care, youth work, family support and foster care.
We like to think of Volunteering as a mutually beneficial relationship. Here are some of the reasons why our community Volunteer:
- Connecting with others in your community
- Using your current skills and experience
- Better employment options by developing new talents and expertise
- Increased confidence
- Improved wellbeing
- A real sense of pride and achievement
- Access to AnglicareSA offers and discounts
How does AnglicareSA support volunteers?
At AnglicareSA, there are staff who are dedicated to supporting you as you volunteer with us. We want to make sure that you have a positive, rewarding and worthwhile volunteering experience. You will have ongoing contact with your volunteer coordinator for advice, support and training. You will have access to AnglicareSA pastoral care services and our employee assistance program.
Our volunteers become an important part of the AnglicareSA community. We look forward to welcoming you to the team.