What the service offers
In 2017, Housing SA transferred 736 homes in Adelaide’s west to AnglicareSA to manage as part of the ROSAS transfer. The homes are spread over the Port Adelaide Enfield and Charles Sturt Council areas and include the suburbs of Athol Park, Cheltenham, Mansfield Park, Pennington, Woodville, Woodville Gardens, Woodville North and Woodville Park.
Working closely with our tenants, other not-for-profit organisations and local communities we aim to:
- quality property management
- quality maintenance programs
- opportunities that support environmental outcomes and cost savings for tenants
- tenants involvement in decisions about their properties and their community
- opportunity and support for tenants to purchase their own home
- essential services and place-making activities that build a sense of pride and belonging by partnering with other support agencies
Following on from the success of our community engagement activities in the north of Adelaide, this year AnglicareSA established a community development program in the Woodville region to connect with the more than 1,300 tenants. This portfolio includes 70 Aboriginal tenancies and tenants from more than 20 diverse ethnic backgrounds.
AnglicareSA’s dedicated community development team lead events and social groups that promote engagement, connection and safety — such as community fairs.
Tracey, ROSAS tenant
Renewing Our Streets & Suburbs is an initiative of the Government of South Australia through Renewal SA.