What the service offers
Our range of early intervention family support services can help strengthen family life and improve the safety and wellbeing of children and young people.
Our family support practitioners provide home visiting services, which are child-centred and family inclusive. We work with you in your own home, or wherever you feel most comfortable. Visits are weekly or fortnightly for up to two hours.
Why use this service?
AnglicareSA’s specialised staff work alongside families to:
- provide skills support to assist with parenting (including fathering)
- promote the safe and appropriate development of babies and infants
- assist with communication and conflict resolution to improve relationships
- provide practical support and education
- advocate on issues impacting parents
- connect families with resources and services
Mindful Awareness Parenting 8-week Group Program
In these workshops, parents learn skills including:
- how to notice what their child needs;
- how to stay calm with their child;
- how to heal broken relationships.
Mindful Awareness Parenting groups are held in children’s centres in southern Adelaide.
Spring Early Intervention Services
These services provide preventative and early intervention support to families with children 0-18 years in Adelaide’s outer northern suburbs and southern regions.
Our experienced practitioners focus on your strengths to enhance the capacity of families, parents and children to deal with challenges.
Who can access the service
- Families with children (0–18 years of age)
- Families living in the outer northern Adelaide region OR Living in the southern Adelaide region
- Parents/caregivers seeking support to address challenges impacting their family and children
- Parents/caregivers seeking support to improve their parenting skills
- Families whose challenges/needs are appropriate for an early intervention service
Steps on how to access the service
For more information on eligibility and service availability, or to make a referral, please contact the Supporting Families Coordinator:
P: 8305 9200