AnglicareSA is part of the Anglican community which supports our work in various ways as we participate together in the well being of the wider community of South Australia.
The Anglican Community includes Parishes and Diocesan Leadership Structures, Anglican Schools, Chaplaincies in institutions, local and national organisations such as the Mothers’ Union, Bush Church Aid Society and others, overseas aid and development organisations and the work of organisations which focus on care, community and advocacy for justice such as AnglicareSA.
AnglicareSA connects with parishes through speakers on Sundays and other times. Anglicare Sunday is the second Sunday in October and the traditional Anglicare Quarter is the last three months of the year from October to December. Speakers on the work of AnglicareSA are available.
AnglicareSA connects with Parishes through our support for Parish Community Engagement and Parish Partnerships.
- The Parish Community Engagement Fund which provides small grants to parishes
- The hosting of AnglicareSA services in various parish sites across metropolitan Adelaide
AnglicareSA works in partnership with Anglican Schools, who provide great support for AnglicareSA emergency assistance programs and special appeals. These partnerships encourage students to consider the needs and hopes of the wider community. The daily work of AnglicareSA is a relevant part of the schools’ learning objectives in social justice and community care.
AnglicareSA connects with Diocesan Leadership Structures in a variety of ways including:
- The members of AnglicareSA Inc. are the members of the Synod of the Diocese of Adelaide. The Annual Meeting of AnglicareSA Inc. is held in the context of the October meeting of Synod;
- AnglicareSA connects with the Diocese of Willochra and the Diocese of The Murray in a variety of ways through service provision and support for the development of new initiatives;
- AnglicareSA exercises the pastoral care of clients, residents, staff and volunteers in collaboration with the wider Anglican Community through the employment of Anglican Clergy as residential aged care chaplains and staff support chaplains across AnglicareSA.
- AnglicareSA connects with various other organisations across the Anglican Community including:
Photographic Poster Display
Focusing on the diverse work of AnglicareSA these simple & captivating images invite a journey to discover the human dimensions of the work and its resonance with Christian faith and life.
See the full poster display here: Photographic Poster Display
Steps on how to access the service
Parishes who would like more information can contact AnglicareSA directly.
Rev’d Ben Falcon: M: 0481 054 934 E: [email protected]