The challenges, cautions and opportunities faced with the transition to the National Disability Insurance Scheme will be discussed at a research to practice seminar hosted by AnglicareSA in partnership with Flinders University, this Friday 5 December.
The event will bring together academics, agencies and leaders from the government and non-government sectors at the Australian Centre for Community Services Research, to reflect on the impact of this significant area of social policy reform.
- Jo Wickes, Director Engagement and Funding South Australia, National Disability Insurance Agency – The journey so far.
- Kate Rush, Community & Housing Portfolio Project Manager, AnglicareSA – An agency perspective.
- Louise Davies, Acting CEO, Autism SA – Lessons from the trial.
- Noelene Wadham, State Manager, National Disability Services – A peak perspective.
- Michael Forwood, Chief Executive, Cora Barclay Centre – An agency and child perspective.
- Kostas Mavromaras, Professor of Economics and Director, National Institute of Labour Studies Flinders University – Evaluation of the NDIS trial.