What the service offers
With years of experience supporting the needs of our ageing population, AnglicareSA has a wide range of services and care choices available. We can provide short or long term care, transitional care or one-off support.
Services include (but are not limited to) house cleaning, laundry, changing bed linen, ironing, putting out rubbish bins, shopping, meal preparation, accompanied shopping, friendly visiting, undertaking social activities and outings, assisted participation in community life, assistance with personal care, transport services, home modifications, home maintenance and nursing services.
AnglicareSA offers you:
- Flexible service
- A service plan
- A monthly service statement (if fees are payable)
- Non-biased advice, information and support regarding available service options
- Information on other relevant local services
Who can access the service
- People aged 65 and older
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples aged 50 and older
- Younger people in exceptional circumstances (please contact AnglicareSA Home Care for information on eligibility)
- Home Care Packages:
Provided under a consumer directed care (CDC) service model and support customer independence. Home Care Packages offer flexibility, choice and control. Customers can choose to take primary responsibility for the management of their Home Care services, or they can choose to have a less active role. AnglicareSA offers package coordination support as well as a broad range of direct services. Individual budgets and monthly service statements are provided to each Home Care Package customer.
- Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP):
Support customer independence at home and in the community. Services aim to be accessible, equitable and affordable. Under this programme, AnglicareSA provides a range of basic support and care services to meet customer needs such as cleaning, laundry, shopping, personal assistance, meal preparation, social support, transport and respite care. CHSP is supported by the Australian Government Department of Social Services. Visit www.agedcare.health.gov.au/programs/commonwealth-home-support-programme for more information.
- Self-Funded Services:
AnglicareSA provides a large range of services outside of Government funded programs which offer flexibility and competitive rates and include:
- Personal care e.g. support with showering
- Care and Support e.g. meal preparation, laundry support
- Clinical and Allied Health support e.g. occupational therapy, physiotherapy
- Improved access to digital technology e.g. tablet and computer classes
- Service Advisor guidance
- Assistance to source and purchase equipment e.g. walking frames
- Links to other local services
- Wake Over Service
How to access the service
Home Care Packages and CHSP Services can be accessed through the My Aged Care gateway at www.myagedcare.gov.au or 1800 200 422.
Self-Funded Services can be accessed by contacting a local AnglicareSA Home Care Centre:
Home Care North / East: 08 8256 2132
Home Care South: 08 8187 6075
Home Care West: 08 8409 3600
Home Care stories:
- Because of the nature of Home Care services and the impact carers have on customer lives, strong connections are often forged between customer and carer. Click here to read more.