What the service offers
AnglicareSA’s child care centres are non-profit day care centres that provide high-quality education programs for up to 70 children per day. Our Daphne Street Centre is located on the same site as our Autism-Specific Early Learning and Care Centre (ASELCC), which is designed to support children with autism and their families.
Our AnglicareSA Child Care Centres (ACCC) understand that each child is an individual with their own interests, culture, strengths and abilities and that our centres will deliver an appropriate educational program to fit the interests, strengths and abilities of each child.
Why Choose Us?
- We assess and record each child’s developmental needs, interests, culture, experiences and participation in order to create individualised education programs.
- We use learning frameworks that inform the development of a curriculum that enhances each child’s learning and development.
- We record evaluations of each child’s wellbeing, development and learning.
- Our documentation is prepared in a way that is readily understandable by the educators at the centre and also the families of the child.
- Families are encouraged to participate with staff in suggesting ideas. These ideas and any input from families will be recorded and used to create curriculums and evaluations.
- Each child is encouraged to be independent within a structured environment. There are times when being together as a group is a vital part of the curriculum.
- Children are able to use both inside and outside areas throughout the day. The program is balanced so that children are given both quiet and active experiences, including sleep time where appropriate.
- We provide opportunities for families to discuss their child’s development, the curriculum in relation to their child, and provide feedback/suggestions which are used to evaluate the program and curriculum.
Who can access the service
- Children aged from six-weeks-old to school age.
Steps on how to access the service
Families can contact AnglicareSA directly. Other agencies may also refer.